Workouts for this week:
- Monday 1/23/12 - Wide Progression Run on TM or Outside (NO TRACK - it's icy!)
- Easy Program - Warm Up, 4 Mile Progression Run, Cool Down
- Hard Program - Warm Up, 6 Mile Progression Run, Cool Down
- Pacing - First mile should be around 90-120 seconds slower than your 5K pace, gradually picking up each mile. Final mile will be within 30 seconds or less of your 5K race pace.
- Accelerate very gradually throughout the entire run at what feels comfortable. The idea is to pick up speed without really being aware of it and to maintain a constant/smooth stride, no sudden acceleration at arbitrary points. Don't check your watch frequently (once every mile or two is fine), if doing on a treadmill cover the speed and add 1/10 or more as you progress.
- Tuesday 1/24/12 - n/a
- Wednesday 1/25/12 -
6:30pm group track workout at Chantilly HS*CANCELLED*
- Thursday 1/26/12 - n/a
- Friday 1/27/12 - n/a
- Saturday 1/28/12 - 8:00am at W&OD trail Vienna
- Sunday 1/29/12 - n/a